PREPARE FOR APPOINTMENT
When scheduling your appointment, be sure to mention the following so you book the correct appointment with your eye doctor.
BEFORE & DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
Here are some tips on what to do and think about before and during your visit to the eye doctor.
THINGS TO BRING
Your current contact lenses or eyeglasses, if you have them.
Your vision insurance card (if applicable)
THINGS TO ASK YOUR EYE DOCTOR
- How is my vision?
- Is it possible for me to see more clearly?
- Will my vision stabilize?
- What are my vision correction options?
- What’s going to provide the best vision and the most flexibility given my activities and needs?
- What are the advantages of trying both contact lenses and glasses? What situations are best for each?
- What do I need to do to wear contact lenses safely?
- Are there any long-term issues with wearing contacts?
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
FIRST, THE DOCTOR WILL ASK YOU QUESTIONS
They’ll ask about your hobbies, activities and lifestyle. The doctor is trying to determine what the best lens may be for you.
THEN, THEY WILL TAKE MEASUREMENTS
They’ll check the health of your eyes and measure them as well.
THEN, YOU'LL DISCUSS CONTACT LENS TYPES
When you decide, the doctor will measure the diameter and curvature of your eye. Once you’ve been fitted, they’ll check your vision once more.
LASTLY, YOU'LL LEARN HOW TO CARE FOR LENSES
You’ll be taught how to put in, take out and properly care for your lenses.